Incorrect Earnings Record

January 9, 2013

The Social Security Administration’s website allows workers to access earnings records.  Three times in the past two months, I have review records of individuals who had earnings posted to their account that were incorrect.  SSA allows individuals to correct earnings with a form that is also available online.  I strongly encourage people to look over their SSA earnings record yearly and compare the SSA figure to the earnings reported to the IRS.  The amounts should match.  If not, a correction is in order.  SSA places times limits on the ability to correct an earnings record, so if you need to make a correction, do so promptly.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: